Tu Pac Amaru Shakur. He may be long gone but his music is so alive, so relatable. May his soul R.I.P.

Through his encouraging music, I have learnt there's nothing new man encounters. People have been there and done that! I have learnt to find strength in keeping my head up and smiling in all the fears and the tears, the rain and the pain. Like the story of a smiling man wailing inside.

Look at me, I am not your typical kind of person. No one is. But I am different, different like everyone else is.

I have been brought up appreciating what is around me, seeing the best out of everything. Those situations where you all would call tough, I always see something good. A way through. A way out. I mean, what doesn't kill you should make a man stronger, right? I am a strong man, a strange man.
I am not here calling myself a superman. I have my flaws too. I'm human, ain't I? I am so flawed I would need a special hearing come Judgement Day.

About superpowers? The Christian I am knows only God and He shows his might through His son Jesus.

I can't tell what motivated my mum to call me Moses. Such an old school name, many think but during my time of birth there were no these fancy names given to children. Some can't even pronounce their kid's name without looking like a bum. Parents used Bible characters and heroes of the time to name their kids. They hoped this would influence the child's future. There was some sort of erosion in our African culture but we still hold on tight to what is African.

Moses was God's chosen leader. A man who would see Israelites out of Egypt. No challenges meant a thing to God. His choice of people, time and events is perfect.  Unquestionable.

My story, just like that of Moses in the Bible is still being written. Chapter after chapter.
I have lived a quarter-century. I thank the Almighty. My pages keep turning and the ink doesn't stop writing down every bit of my life. 

Since I was young, my elder sister, younger brother and I have been so close. More than siblings, more than friends. My story begins at Baba Dogo, an estate in Ruaraka in a village called Glu Cola. Way back in the early nineties.

This time I was of schooling age, knew a little about money and had befriended a few rascals.
It doesn't take long for a village toon, an innocent fella running from tribal clashes in Molo and creative enough to make friends.

Life holds a lot of hilarious, adventurous, breathtaking but astonishing things, some of them I vividly remember in my life...


Tu Pac Amaru Shakur. He may be long gone but his music is so alive, so relatable. May his soul R.I.P.
(Photo courtesy)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();